View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
So your basically giving away our second best winger this year and replacing him with nothing for next season, how's this make us better next year? Hemsky has another year on his deal, if he's dealt it'll be a hockey trade for a top 4 d man or someone who is very close to being a top 4 d man. Maybe a Roman Polak type D with a pick, or maybe to Nashville for Kevin Klein or Roman Josi. I Also don't think Smid is back next year so we could probably deal him for a 1st, and Whitney should be able to land us a 2nd by himself or a b level prospect.
In what world is Hemsky our 2nd best winger, especially looking ahead to next season? In terms of skill, perhaps, but there is more to hockey than stick handling drills. To a team heavy on grit but light on skill Hemmer is an appealing player, a team like the Bruins. For us however, what he brings is beyond redundant. Yak and Ebs are our right wingers in the top 6, and Hemsky is the complete opposite of what you want in the bottom 6. What team is moving a Dman out of their top 4 for Hemsky?

Also, I didn't fill in the blanks on the proposed roster because I wanted to hear suggestions from other posters. My hope would be a guy like Eric Fehr in UFA, maybe for around 2mil or so. Ideal 3rd liner with size (6'4 212), solid defensively, can PK a bit, plays with some grit and yet very disciplined (only 98 PIMs in 294 career games). He brings much more of what we don't have vs Hemsky bringing what we're already rich in.