Thread: Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers 3/24/13
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Leetch2McDonagh27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Probably a combination of both. Although I am not quite sure if it is or isn't the shorten season. It could be that he needs a proper camp. I am skeptical that a guy of his skill set can so dramatically fall apart so quickly.

What I can say is that Richards does not fit a grinding hockey system. Gab-Richards-Nash is not a grinding line. That is a transitional/puck possession line.

Richards does not have the size, strength, or agility to play below the hash marks effectively. Richards is a guy who needs to play high in the Ozone or in the gaps. The only way you can play grind/grit with Richards is with two physically dominating players with decent hands. Gabs does not fix that description at all. Nash is solid on the boards but he is the only one on that line.

and that's what I'm getting to. Even if his skills have eroded in the last year or two (he still put up 66 points for us last year and was clutch in the PO's), just on the sheer Law of Averages....he would have a decent/good game here and there. And that is what is frightening. He hasn't. Nothing he does works. His passes are astray. His Decision making is absent minded. Drop passes to no one but the opposition. Glorious Point Blank chances and he Misses the Net, EVERYTIME!!! And to top it off, hes a HUGE defensive liabilty (always has been, we know it is not his job).

I mean........he just hasn't made any good plays time and time again for weeks and weeks now. One would think the Averages have to balance out sooner than later no? Like he could actually get a goal and couple assists in one of these Games???

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote