View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
I'm on the fence with some of these guys.

Laviollette seems like a good coach, but I feel like he never implements a decent defensive system, and his uber physical style is really only a good fit for Philly.

Boucher seems to have had a similar tenure to Sacco, but his first season had more success with a better roster. His second year was pretty bad, and his third even worse. He gets the same critisims sacco does for not being smart enough overall defensively, and I wonder if he tries to get too tricky with his coaching methods. Leading to early success, and then the system just stops working.

I still think Ruff was never given a roster as talented, and balanced as the Avs have to show his worth. I think he would be great at "teaching" this team how to play like a winning team, like he did with the Drury-Briere led teams.

Roy interests me because of his passion, and knowledge of the game, but I'm not quite sure if his style will translate to an NHL coach.

Cooper looks very promising, but I'm a little worried his offensive style may work at first, but then get exposed in the following years.

I"d rather they just go with experience, and a solid two way style in Ruff at this point. Apart from Q with a washed up mediocre roster, they haven't had either of those since Hartley ran the bench and helped them win a cup.