View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 11:22 PM
mich25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Smaller demand matched by smaller supply. Morrow off the market means one less target for teams like the Hawks, Bruins and Kings to go after.
But those teams could go after cheaper options if the price is ridiculous for Iginla. I don't think the Bruins see Morrow going to Pittsburgh as a huge threat, I think Iginla would have been another story. I can't figure out how Chicago could make Iginla work unless they move salary and I can't see how they would sign him as well without moving salary, so do they move a roster player with how great they have been playing and disrupt the chemistry? Is the market for Iginla really that strong? 3 teams only it seems like, 1 who I can't see making it work, so maybe only 2 teams. A team in the East who probably thinks since they are the only team in the East left with getting Iginla they are at a position of strength if they want him. Also, LA has a ton of RFA/UFA defenseman at the end of the season, does Iginla want to go or sign with a team whose D could be drastically different after this year? Bruins have most of their top and core players locked up for the next 3+ yrs.....I think Feaster drawing this out/waiting until the last minute is not smart.