View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
If we are trading Bernier, then we probably would only need to add a prospect and maybe a low pick. Boston and Chicago can't add a goaltender like Bernier, so we do have a pretty good chip when dealing with Calgary. The problem is, do we want to send Bernier to Calgary for Iginla when we might be able to deal him elsewhere for an asset we truly need, perhaps a younger, or even signed one? I am sure Dean is looking at far more offers than just Iginla, and there has got to be a lot of different possibilities with Bernier. Iginla is a depreciating asset, better make the most of Bernier while is stock is through the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Question: would you trade Forbort, Toffoli, and a high pick for another Cup this year?
Of course, if only we could guarantee it... For Iginla? Hell no. I'd part with such a package for a proven legit core winger, that would be apart of many cup runs, signed to a good deal or RFA, since that is such a limited window, I would chalk it up to not likely Especially given that that is what our exact hopes are for Toffoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
No worries mate. Jagr, Selanne and Whitney all in their 40s and still going strong. Two year extension is definitely doable.
It is still a gamble with his age. I would have no problems giving him a deal in the offseason, I am not overly concerned with Iginla's fitness levels, but if you are giving up major assets, it could prove a costly maneuver that could bite you in the back. He isn't playing a position he are in dire need of, so it would be a luxury that would mostly satisfy Sutter's wants, but not the team's. Need defense more than anything.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter