View Single Post
Old
08-08-2006, 07:42 AM
stick9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal View Post
Generally I try to keep my cool, in my hockey career as a defenseman from the age of 6 to 21 I probably have under 15 penalty minutes, most for trip or hook.

But this year in a no hitting league we were up 15-0, 3 seconds left, without the puck I got hit from behind and I was pretty pissed so I slashed him as hard as I could between the helmet and shoulder pads on the side of this neck. It was pretty dirty, but if I had the chance I'd do it again, just harder.

It also should be noted that he was about 5'11 280, and I'm about 5'7 140 soaking wet, definetly the smallest player on my team.
First, we are about the same size. I am a little taller a less then 10 pounds heavier. So I know it's not easy being the smallest guy out there. A lot of times you are the target because of your size.

Anyway, that is no excuse for what you did. You crossed the line. Instead of clubbing the guy risking permanent injury. The best thing to do would be to show him up. He'll never live down getting smoked by the little guy. That's why if I am going to do something I do it cleanly. Knock a guy that size on his back using your shoulder and no one messes with you again.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote