View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 12:00 AM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
In what world is Hemsky our 2nd best winger, especially looking ahead to next season? In terms of skill, perhaps, but there is more to hockey than stick handling drills. To a team heavy on grit but light on skill Hemmer is an appealing player, a team like the Bruins. For us however, what he brings is beyond redundant. Yak and Ebs are our right wingers in the top 6, and Hemsky is the complete opposite of what you want in the bottom 6. What team is moving a Dman out of their top 4 for Hemsky?

Also, I didn't fill in the blanks on the proposed roster because I wanted to hear suggestions from other posters. My hope would be a guy like Eric Fehr in UFA, maybe for around 2mil or so. Ideal 3rd liner with size (6'4 212), solid defensively, can PK a bit, plays with some grit and yet very disciplined (only 98 PIMs in 294 career games). He brings much more of what we don't have vs Hemsky bringing what we're already rich in.
This year IMO Hemsky has been our 2nd best winger behind Hall, in the future I understand Eberle and Yakupov will be better but they haven't been lately. A couple teams I could see being interested in Hemsky are Nashville, Phoenix, Winnepeg, LA, Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Carolina, Clb

So from each of those teams these are guys I'd be looking to get for Hemsky: Nash: Klein, Josi, Blum; PHX: Yandle(obviously we add), Stone; Win: Enstrom, Bogosian, Buff (We add to all 3), Mark Stuart (Winnepeg adds a prospect like Klingberg); LA: Voynov(We add), Jake Muzzin, Alec Martinez; Tor: Gunnarsson, Gardiner; Mon: Emelin; Bos: Boychuk; Car: Mcbain, Gleason.

Those are some of the guys I'd target. I think the place that makes the most since for Hemsky is Nashville, Phoenix, or Carolina all those teams need scoring and have d men to move. I think there might be a deal to be made with Columbus but for another forward not a dman, maybe someone like Foligno or Dubinsky in return for Hemsky which would help both clubs IMO.

As for the blanks I guess we'll see what happens at the TD because it will really depend who all moves. I've said it before on here but I think for d men depending if we move Hemsky I'd like to see Zidlicky and Scuderi brought in to help mentor the kids, as for the forwards I'd like to see Clarke Macarthur or Fedotenko for the 3rd line LW and for the RW spot I'd like to see them send out a 4 year 3.8M per offer sheet to Cal Clutterbuck. I'm willing to overpay for what he brings to the ice every night.

Something like this would dramatically change our perception of being easy to play against around the league.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Gagner-Yakupov
Fedotenko-Horcoff-Clutterbuck
Brown-Smithson-Orr
Petrell, Smyth

Klein-Smid or if not resigned Ference
J.Schultz-Scuderi
Petry-Fistric

Klein brought in through Hemsky trade. Everyone one else can be traded for picks and prospects(Tambo favorite kind of trade). There needs to be a lot of turnover for this team to be considered a playoff team next year, and Tambo has to start making moves now for next season IMO.

Last edited by RaabHart: 03-25-2013 at 12:08 AM.