View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 02:01 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
Those are good comparisons, I think. Also agree that he'll be a very good second pairing guy on the right side.

If Klefbom is a lefty (which I think he is), I would love to see those two play and develop together. I think 'Kleffie' is the real deal, but again as a NHL rookie you can only expect so much next season. However, at least he has had more pro experience before making the transition than Schultz did.

This team is still so far away... It's getting pretty insufferable.
Klefa undeniably has more of a total package than Schultz does - there's a reason a guy like him goes in the 1st round. He was the best defenseman in the SEL for however long he played this season.

His offensive game hasn't really shone through in the SEL - but he's a player more suited to the small ice. He's a great skater, he's got a big shot, and an above-average puck-moving game. That's going to translate into a fair bit of points for him I'd say.

But, like Edler, I feel the best way to handle an asset like him is to let him develop. He may be ready to come over for next season, but I'd be nervous about giving him an NHL opportunity right off the bat. If he looks like he can handle a bottom-4 role, then let him start the season with us, but none of this garbage handling for him like we did with J.Schultz (top pairing minutes). Give him a good mentor (be it a Petry or a UFA) and let him slowly grow into the role.

I can easily see him being a key component of a mid-range top pairing in the future. Definitely no OEL/Pietrangelo, but definitely someone that can turn into an Edler/Kronwall-type guy.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote