Old
03-25-2013, 01:07 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Klefa undeniably has more of a total package than Schultz does - there's a reason a guy like him goes in the 1st round. He was the best defenseman in the SEL for however long he played this season.

His offensive game hasn't really shone through in the SEL - but he's a player more suited to the small ice. He's a great skater, he's got a big shot, and an above-average puck-moving game. That's going to translate into a fair bit of points for him I'd say.

But, like Edler, I feel the best way to handle an asset like him is to let him develop. He may be ready to come over for next season, but I'd be nervous about giving him an NHL opportunity right off the bat. If he looks like he can handle a bottom-4 role, then let him start the season with us, but none of this garbage handling for him like we did with J.Schultz (top pairing minutes). Give him a good mentor (be it a Petry or a UFA) and let him slowly grow into the role.

I can easily see him being a key component of a mid-range top pairing in the future. Definitely no OEL/Pietrangelo, but definitely someone that can turn into an Edler/Kronwall-type guy.
Yep, I see him in the same mold as Edler, probably with less offense but better defensively. From what I've read, Klefa has developed a ton, even with his injuries. I think he could probably make the jump to the NHL. But I'm re-thinking that Klefa-Shultzy bottom pairing. Probably a recipe for disaster for such two young players to play together like that--even with being sheltered and bottom pairing status... Yeah, probably scratch that.

Oh, I seemed to have gotten off topic. As I was saying (), I think Nuge will bounce back next season. I kind of have a fear of him becoming another Pierre Turgeon--good, but not good enough and soft. However, RNH's defense game is already way ahead of Turgeon's peak, so I probably shouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Last edited by KarmaPolice: 03-25-2013 at 01:14 AM.
KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote