View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 02:27 AM
Bleedred
Ryder Havs Zub suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
It's all done collectively as a unit but who specializes in what varies from team to team.

Oates might have more focus on his PP than DeBoer does here.

It seems that Shaw is the PP guy, Barr is the PK guy, Stevens works with the defense, and DeBoer works with the forwards. Over course there's overlap but that seems like the specialties.
That's what I thought. I don't even remember who ran the PK before Barr. Albelin may have one year, maybe even Robinson.

One HUGE problem with our PP that some might overlook is our horrible faceoff percentage. This team has guys who take regular faceoffs operating at 30% (Still love you Gio) and I think the team is like 40% percent without Zajac. Still second worst in the league last I remember. Last year we were in the bottom 5 while missing Zajac almost the whole season. It also had a lot to do with our PK last year in the playoffs and some of the PK problems a few weeks back. How many times can you remember losing a faceoff in the playoffs on the PK last year and a goal happening shortly after on the same shift? This team goes on the PP and if they lose the faceoff which is more times than not, that kills a lot of time to attack right off the bat.

Last edited by Bleedred: 03-25-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote