View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 03:40 AM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
How is not supporting it comical? Everybody has their opinion.
Because people should support what makes others happy as long as it doesn't cause harm to others.

The thing I disagree with is your analogy of a gay person being born gay and you being born to be "uncomfortable" around gays. Here's the difference: One is something you're ACTUALLY born with (being attracted to humans of the same sex) and another is a feeling that was conditioned into you by society.

A heterosexual's uncomfortableness with homosexuals is a result of growing up being conditioned to think that a heterosexual relationship is the "right way" to do things... this obviously stems from the distant past when procreation was a necessity in life. But times have changed and procreation isn't something looked at as life's "ultimate goal" anymore (ie. we're not cavemen/cavewomen anymore)... therefore homosexuality should be viewed as being just as "right" as heterosexuality.

Obviously this all goes to crap if you bring certain religions into it because of the made up rules and whatnot... again, more conditioning.

For me it's pretty obvious... I accept and enjoy all good people no matter what their sexual preference is.