View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 04:36 AM
Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Guess Morrow wasn't as "untouchable" as you thought hey? All it took was an aging 3rd line rental to get the "untouchable" prospect.
Well last year, Shero basically alluded that Morrow was untouchable at the deadline, this year, you see him at the pro ranks and opinions change, you also add 5 new defense prospects from the draft and via trade and suddenly things look even more different. Pens got a late 2nd out of the deal (basically, it's the Oilers 3rd, their tank job is going to make that a pretty nice 3rd) and Morrow has been the Stars 2nd line winger for most of the year, he's a 3rd liner? A year and a half ago, Morrow scored 30 goals.

As for aging, Kunitz is the same age, I guess he probably can't manage 10pts, oh wait, he has 41 you say? Morrow fits the type of winger the Pens need and want and would do well in Bylsma's system.

In any case, Iginla's value goes way up now because of that trade. Everyone here is going to value a prospect on their team more than the next guy. We have Pens fans that bicker about Pouliot and Maatta all the time, yet I am sure a ton of teams would want one or the other or both. Fact is, Dumoulin was seen as more than Morrow in the AHL and there were some underlying issues that we as fans don't hear until later.

I don't think the Pens realistically had a shot at Iginla anyway, I think Feaster desperately wants a goaltender from the team he negotiates with in the list Igilna has given and LA & Boston allows him to do that, Pens don't have anything that they can offer that they should ever part with (I'm talking Beau Bennett, no way in freaking hell should the Pens move him).