View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 08:26 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
The Flyers organization never will give up on next season. Why would they trade Kimmo? They will go into the off season planning on being a legitimate contender yet again for the Stanley Cup. They will try desperately to make the moves to prove it as well. Two things this team desperately needs right now. A proven top pairing defenseman that can run a powerplay. Kieth Yandle fits this to a t. He would cost a pretty penny, but we aren't so sure how we will feel about that cost until the off season and the draft. Right now we sit at #4 and there is some pretty elite talent there for the taking. I believe that it has been reported they are looking for a bonafid sniper to play with Giroux too. If the season continues to unravel, I will say one thing, the off season won't be boring.

Kimmo most likely isn't going to be moved because that would mean the Flyers feel next year they will be retooling(rebuilding) still and need to develop. In all of my years following the Flyers, they never have had that attitude going into a season.

But I will say we never know with Homer. Kimmo also might feel like he wants a chance at a cup and the Flyers won't give that to him. There are possibilities, but I still think Kimmo is here to retire a Flyer.