View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Pugs35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Del Zotto has been great the last handful of games but the guy still gives up a horrid turnover here and there. He's almost completely responsible for a golden scoring chance at least once a game.

I would not take Del Zotto over Girardi... Perhaps that changes, but absolutely not. And that's even with Girardi having a not so great stretch of games right now as well.
I don't know. I mean whenever Del Zotto turns it over it's usually either on a rush or via long outlet pass so it's in the neutral zone most of the time. At this stage I feel like we need to live with those mistakes, since frankly I'll take anyone out there trying to be creative and make some things happen.

For every 5 or so of those long passes that don't work you get a perfect one to Gaborik like last night for a breakaway. I feel like that's worth the risk, especially for this team.

As for Girardi vs. Del Zotto, at this point it'd be close, but who's to say by next year whether MDZ continues trending up (and playing against better competition) where the decision will be. I'd lean MDZ, but I've always been a Del Zotto defender on these boards (one of the few it seems).