View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
I went there for the first time last week. I had the t-rex poutine and it so far the best poutine I've had. All though, it could have use a bit more cheese and sauce.
So...the fries were good?

I dunno, I like the options there, but when you have weak gravy (non-starter for me) and scarce cheese (another big strike), I think you need to find a new poutine place.

As for out of town options, there's a small shack in Orleans (East-Ottawa) called Fritomania. The gravy is insanely thick (you could flip your poutine upside down and it wouldn't run..), the cheese is perfect (they keep it cold, so it only half melts on your poutine, and you don't get a sloppy mess of melted cheese once you get home) and their fries are cooked in peanut oil, which makes them absolutely amazing. They fresh cut all their fries in front of you as well. But the best part is definitely the gravy. It's so good, sometimes I just get an order of large fries, and a medium container of gravy and then dip away like a big fatass. I don't even need the cheese.

If ever you are in Ottawa, you -have- to stop at Fritomania on St-Joseph BLVD. There will be a lineup (usually 5-10 people), but it's worth it, and they are fast.

Last edited by Dr Gonzo: 03-25-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote