View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 10:06 AM
7toZulu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
First off, I DO support gay-marriage. That being said.. and I might take some heat for this.. but I find myself annoyed when people are bashed publicly for not supporting gay-marriage. The reason being, it seems that most of those who do come out against it, are doing so because of religious matters. NOW, I DON'T WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A RELIGION ARGUMENT... but really, I don't ever expect someone to go against the way they've been raised or their own belief system to allow equality. It ****ing sucks that it has to be that way, but bashing someone for their religious views isn't any better as it's taking away people's Freedom of Religion. I hate to be a pessimist, but we'll never achieve full-blown equality.

To sum it up.. as long as you're not acting like a certain Kansas group, I have no problem if someone is against gay-marriage. I'm for it, others aren't. I really hope my choice in words wasn't bad, if so, I apologize. I just think equality should go for both sides, which would never actually work.

PS. Carrie Prejean should have won.

This carries as much weight as me getting mad at someone who insults Harry Potter. Adults who still cling to "what they're raised with" garner no respect when it comes to their anti-gay marriage views.

The second bold portion is basically the cause for the majority of hate and injustice that has ever occurred in the world, from the crusades to current religious fanaticism. I don't think you understand how ridiculous that statement really is.

P.S. I'll probably catch more heat for my post than yours will

Last edited by 7toZulu: 03-25-2013 at 10:17 AM.