View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
bp13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
That's probably where the disparity is, I don't. I say he's a solid upgrade on normal Horton, and a huge upgrade on the current recovering version we're seeing now.

Iginla brings more offense (consistent 30 goal guy) is far more durable, brings a lot more jam even at 35, and has a ton of wealth and leadership. He does this being the sole focus of the other team. Would I pay such a ransom for a Horton clone? No chance. Would I pay it for Iginla, sure would. He's Recchi but far better.
I think then we're just disagreeing on Iginla's value, which is fine. I think 3 first rounders pegs him as like a top 15-20 NHL player. I don't think he's in that group anymore. If he was signed, I might be convinced to give up 2 1st round picks unconditionally, particularly if we felt strongly he was going to Pittsburgh.

This is the other key factor we need to consider. The Bruins are absolutely the class of this Conference now, and for the near future. But Pitt is right there with them, and slightly above as of this morning. Unfortunately the Bruins do need to consider what happens if Pitt acquires and signs Iginla. I feel the Bruins would need an immediate counter to that.