View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 11:43 AM
MTaylorJ1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
That's probably where the disparity is, I don't. I say he's a solid upgrade on normal Horton, and a huge upgrade on the current recovering version we're seeing now.

Iginla brings more offense (consistent 30 goal guy) is far more durable, brings a lot more jam even at 35, and has a ton of wealth and leadership. He does this being the sole focus of the other team. Would I pay such a ransom for a Horton clone? No chance. Would I pay it for Iginla, sure would. He's Recchi but far better.
The other things to take into consideration are this.

1. IF (huge if, but still) you could extend Iginla and keep the rest of the top 6 intact, what kind of impact would he have on Lucic and Horton's overall games.

2. We talk about 1st round picks as though they're gold. Have the picks that have been made in the Bruins drafting spot by this regime in the 1st round amounted to much of anything at all if you remove the haziness of 2006? Hamill, Colborne, Caron, Subban.

3. I'd be really hesitant to move Spooner or Khokhlachev...BUT...the past week or so has been eye opening for me with Spooner's handling. I feel like he's held his own, and looked fairly good with Lucic and Horton...then he plays with an anchor in Pandolfo and gets sent down...Why aren't they trying to give him the chance to help the team RIGHT now. He's fast, skilled, and can be a PP asset. Things the team needs. Things the team doesn't need? Slow, Not physical, and 3 SOG in 11 games.