View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
I find it strange how differently the organization has handled both players myself.

Gagner was thrown into the deep end from day 1. He had to play all kinds of minutes with all kinds of linemates (many of whom are/were anchors). Eberle on the other hand got prime offensive minutes with great line-mates. I don't think the organization ever appreciated what they had with Gagner. I know I sure didn't.

I love Eberle, but he was never on Hall's level and should not have been given the same contract.
Yeah, the thing thats wrong with Eberle and Hall getting identical contracts is you just know that in the case of Eberle he got it on a damn good, and possibly outlier kind of year. That your not paying this much for the same players with the same impact, just that one had a very good year.

I don't know that anybody on the board doubts that Hall will be a much more impactful player over his career, and over this contract, then Eberle. Yet here they sit with longterm identical contracts. Hard to explain.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote