View Single Post
Old
12-24-2003, 10:47 AM
  #18
Leprechaun
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Why you say?

Ribeiro does not play 60 min yet, Koivu does.
That sentence doesn't mean a thing and it's pretty empty. If you mean that Ribs doesn't score when it counts look to those numbers

When the score is tied:
Saku 0 goal and 5 assists
Ribeiro 3 goals and 8 assists


Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Koivu plays a fireball type of game where he mistakes himself for a PF, Ribeiro plays a soft type of game..
Knowing what king of player you are is bad ? I don't want to see Wayne Gretzky playing like a PF or Cam Neely playing a soft game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Koivu has already as many goals as Ribeiro despite playing less games.
You're right on that. I think Saku's better now in the scoring department but don't forget the 6 years between the two.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Koivu can play PK, PP, 5 on5 against any opposition regardless of size, he can also play the points and LW. Ribeiro can play only C effectively, he cannot play the point, he can't play against the best checkers or the biggest centers, he's atrocious on the PK(remember against Sundin last year LOL
Koivu play well at 5on5 and PP but he's average at PK and regardless of size, he doesn't afraid many player. Don't get me wrong, I love is heart but when it's time to body checking he's well above-average on that side. Koivu can't play at LW (like Ribs) because of his size and about playing the point he said yesterday that he doesn't like playing the point on PP.

Anyway, it's pretty rare that a young player plays well on the PK and it takes time (experience) for doing good on that department of the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Koivu can give a good bodycheck. Ribeiro can check, but he's the one that falls down
That's funny about Ribeiro, I seeing the same about Saku. When he tries on Lindros, Shanahan et cie...he's the one falling...

Did you see Kwiatkowski laughing about Saku yesterday ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Koivu always makes crisp passes. Ribeiro often makes turnover passes
That's too bad that the NHL take away those stats on Takeaways and Giveaways...'cause for now you affirmation it's only your impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Koivu is the captain, is Ribeiro anything more then Theos friend?
Ok...that's more funny...Koivu at 29 of age is better then Ribeiro at 23 because he's the captain of the team and because it's better to be the friend of Rivet ! I don't understand your point on this one ?

BTW, a real and good captain doesn't say that he don't want to play anymore with Hossa, doesn't say that he don't want to play at the point on PP, doesn't say after a solid performance of Garon (last year) that was the best performance of a goalie he ever saw after what Theo did the year before (maybe because Theo stole the place of his buddy Hackett) and finally doesn't cry on the bench because the shift of Ribeiro was 6 seconds longer then Juneau (his partner at that time) on the OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Koivu is fast, Ribeiro is slow.
Still your impression on that until any chronos between the two. Anyway what's your point...Luc Robitaille is one of the more effective LW on the history of the NHL without skating ability. With your argument, you would prefer Russ Courtnall on Lucky Luc !


Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Koivu is good in all three zones, sure he does mistakes, but Ribeiro is effective in one zone, and he has yet to dominate during a game whereas Koivu has dominated many games already this year.
Ok...Ribeiro is good only a 1 area....which one ??

'Cause I'm seeing Ribeiro stelling pass on his def zone with his sense of anticipation and beeing more and more effective on back-checking. I seeing Ribeiro doing great passes or intelligent plays in the enter of the enemy zone. And I seeing Rib's controling the play at offense zone and making everyone scoring who plays with him !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Koivu is very strong, Ribeiro is weak.
Bégin is very strong. Souray is very strong. Quintal is very strong. Bouillon is very strong. Even Zednik is more "very strong" then Saku.

Saku is as weak as Rib's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Koivu plays with emotion, grit, passion and he's dirty. Ribeiro wants but can't, he doesn't scare a fly either.
For that one...look at the replays of yesterday look at the face of Kwiatkowski

Anyway, I don't want to see Saku or Ribeiro doing that job....but for Kilger it's another story !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
This one is not even close, I like Ribeiro and I hope he'll be a real 80+ points 1st line center, but come on, even if he does, he'll never be as good as Koivu. Koivu at 23 was a heck of a lot better then Ribeiro is at 23.
The problem here it's the coaching staff at 95-96 decided to play rookie Koivu more then 10 minutes per game. So for Saku's first year he had 45 pts on 82 games for a average of 0.55

For Ribeiro's case, it's the first year that he play on regular base and he have 26 pts on 35 games for a average of 0.74

Finally I think that Koivu IS better for NOW but not for long !


Last edited by Leprechaun: 12-26-2003 at 09:11 AM.