View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 12:38 PM
goyotes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonFan View Post
This is exactly why the nhl doesn't work in saturated, non traditional American markets. The concept that there is only so much sports entertainment dollar to go around. Yotesreign, like most people, only has a certain amount of money (and time) to devote to sports. The Coyotes are his first choice, but he's in the extreme minority. In the saturated, non traditional American markets, nhl hockey is unquestionably the lowest ring on the totem pole for most people.

Seattle is no different. Throw in the fact that the nhl team in Seattle would be a tenant of the NBA team, and not share in any ancillary arena revenues, then you can see why a potential Seattle nhl team would realistically have no chance of being economically viable.
I agree with this comment 100% As a hockey fan, I feel hockey is the greatest sport around. But in US markets that are saturated with more "traditional" US sports, hockey has a difficult time and no doubt in my mind hockey will not thrive in Seattle, as compared to what a team would do in QC.