View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 11:48 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
First stint in the NHL.

Who ever said Eller was good at faceoffs ? Who ever said it was a Eller vs DD post?
I'm not a fan of players I'm a fan of the team. I've witnessed one cup and I was fairly young. I want to see others. Or atleast dominant teams, not bubble teams. It's about the team winning games here. DD and Eller have fairly similar offensive production and Galchenyuk and Plekanec are way ahead of both of them. All in all theres four C spot on the team. The team will need to make a choice(I know it will be the wrong one.)
It's not about bashing the great DD its about the damn team winning. Frankly, is DD a second line center on a dynasty like team? Is he ? Can we have Gionta-DD-Gally-Plek in our top 6 ?

I like the guy too. He has some sweet moves and all.. But at the end of the day its will he help us win. (When I refer to winning, it's not only a cup, but a dominant team year in and out(See Detroit circa Lidstrom, Pittsburgh, Philly, NYR, SJ.))
It wasn't a DD vs Eller post but that's his competition for last top 9 center spot right? Now that you feel neither are good at faceoffs and have similar production, which center should we acquire or maybe package them both for? Yes, I am doing it on purpose. It's a legit question if you do feel they are both weak on faceoffs. Means Plekanec, Galchenyuk are our #1-2 for the future, who should be our #3. Won't be leblanc, white, dumont, etc... so we'd need someone else given their poor faceoff and limited offensive upside.