Old
03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think you may be misunderstanding my point. I am not saying I'd RATHER have these other guys, I'm just saying that if we are looking at SEL goalies to sign, they should be in the conversation too. There is no reason to look at Eriksson's stats and say he would be a good backup, look at the stats of the three other guys in the same league that are in the same ballpark (if not identical or better) and say they are not worth it. It seems odd that taking a risk on a 22-23 year old goalie is a good idea, but taking a risk on a 26-27 year old goalie with similar stats is a bad idea. As I said earlier, that argument seems like a thinly veiled attempt to justify the interest in Eriksson without falling into the category of people I was referring to in my original point.
I don't get why they should be in the conversation. They're too old to be prospects. The younger guy putting up great numbers is far more desirable than the older guys putting up slightly lesser numbers.