Old
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I still don't see how you can consider such a larger age difference an excuse but whatever. And that's fine they can be in the conversation I'm just saying all things considered (yes age is a big one) that it make sense to consider him over some others with similar numbers. Can you honesty say that a guy turning 23 this yr compared to a guy who turns 28 this yr or who is already 28 isn't a big difference? Come on dude, that's 5 yrs. If that were true read would've won the Calder or at least had a legit shot last year. Age, especially such a large difference, is always a factor.
It absolutely is a factor. Again, I think you are missing the point. I'm not saying would prefer these guys or that the Flyers should pursue them and not Eriksson. I am saying that if we are looking at the SEL stats of Eriksson and saying he should be signed and blah blah blah, how can you not look at the goalies in the same league with the same or better stats and say, psh, he's a couple years older, forget about him? Hudacek is 24, is that too old? Christian Engstrand is 24 too. Right in that area of stats. Is a year and a half too old too?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote