View Single Post
03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by BleedinBlueSince1972 View Post
I've just about had it with Halak after that asinine performance last night.

What has this overpaid injury prone Goalie accomplished other then a very good 2010 playoff run with Montreal? Tying Glenn Hall's all time shutouts in team history? Get rid of Halak Armstrong.

If Halak is still on the roster after the Trade deadline, stick a fork in the 2013 season, it's all but over.
He needs to get a shut-out EVERY game, then?

The 3rd goal was a back-breaker. Redden got beat, then made a hell of an effort to knock the puck away...but unfortunately also dislodged Halak's position. Halak still needs to make that save, but its not entirely on him in that situation. I bet he feels he should still make it, though.

Kiprusoff stole a game for his team. The Blues outplayed Calgary. Oshie's really nifty out-of-the-box steal/goal notwithstanding, I think he could be getting just as much ire as Halak for that horrible turnover that left his goalie out to dry. Or Redden for getting beaten by Iginla so badly and allowing the breakaway.

People talk like replacing Halak is like going to buy a carton of eggs. He's not playing his best hockey right now, but he's playing better hockey than he did at the start of the season. I'd prefer to let him round into form in time for the playoffs and tandem with Jake Allen. I just don't see what mystical goalie is available to come in and replace him. I've suffered with a turn-style of mediocre journeymen goalies for too long as a Blues' fan. I'm not that quick to forget what Halak looks like when he's 'on'. And I still think he can get that going by the playoffs.