Old
03-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
So what of the 24 year olds I mentioned? Their names haven't been thrown around at all. Is that because they are past the age where they should be considered for long-term possibilities? Hudacek has been putting up these numbers since he was 21. When Engstrand was 20 he put up .916 save percentage in the SEL, a higher number than Eriksson. He's not worth a look though. Why? Probably because no one has ever heard his name before.

I edited that in. 24 year olds are less desirable than Eriksson at 22. That's 2 less years of possible NHL/NA development compared to what we could possibly put into Eriksson when he's 24. He's also putting up similar stats with less experience, which is more desirable anyways.

I see no good reason to consider those player over Eriksson, or on par with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I have said over and over again I have no problem with signing Eriksson. My problem is that it appears that people's reasoning behind it is misplaced. If the only reason was that it was the numbers he was putting up, why aren't people looking at the other goalies in the league putting those numbers up? The first three I mentioned were too old (for you, maybe). But the other two seem to be still young enough to where it matters. Yet they are not mentioned. Weird.

And again, I am not saying they are better. I am not saying the Flyers should focus on them. I understand why you would want Eriksson more. But why wouldn't you also be interested in the other guys?
I explained that above. Everyone has clearly explained their motivations, I'm not sure how else to say it that makes it any clearer...sorry.