View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
littletonhockeycoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I doubt it. Tippett's teams play fast and aggressive, and they dictate the pace of play most nights. The past few iterations of the Sabres have been slow and passive, and they let the game come to them. I think he'd do a good job here. That said, I'd be happy with Cooper/Eakins, as well.
I agree with you on Tippett's approach. Both Dallas and now Phoenix have played the same styles. And he's been successful in both locales.

A few playoff year's ago, (Chicago SC year ? I think?), Tippet had Dallas playing the most aggressive checking system (almost a full ice press) that I'd ever seen and I thought they would be difficult to beat. Then they ran out of gas in the 2nd round......

He has the Yotes playing the same sort of high tempo game with some adjustments built in now that took the team all the way to the semi's last year. (Of course give Smith some credit there and if not for Torres clocking Hossa... eh?)

I'd love to see the Sabres adopt that kind of style of play but the Sabres don't have the personnnel for it right now.

While I like Tippett's approach, I hate watching my teams have to play against it. Too darn effective!