Thread: Eberle and RNH
View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
RXAGENT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post
well said. too many posters on here have a serious man-crush on Eberle. i'm not sure i've seen such love-ins for a player before. He is a sniper that doesn't bring any other element to his game. If he isn't producing goals, he doesn't bring much else. yet there are so many that regard him as the most important piece to the Oilers going forward and the rubber-stamped future captain.

don't get me wrong, i want him on the team for his 'big goal' heroics, but if Montreal called and wanted to swap him for Subban, or if Boston wanted him for Lucic, I'd drive Eberle to the airport (i might even phone them for that trade). I wouldn't make those trades for Hall or RNH.
100% agree with this statement. I'll admit I considered Eberle an untouchable in the past but if his trade value is still high enough to bring in an elite power forward then it's not even a question of trading him or not. I know most people would like to trade Hemsky instead but I believe Eberle can bring in a better quality player.

RXAGENT is offline   Reply With Quote