View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 01:44 PM
gillesgilbert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
See, the issue to me is that while they play Lucic on the first line, Milan Lucic is not a first line player. The expectations are tied to where he's playing. When he's at his best, he's hitting and playing physical. The scoring and finesse crap is not his game, yet that's what he's trying to and expected to do. I think CJ would be smart to break those two up though, I just don't agree with Rainone's trade proposal of moving 2 thirds of your current first line, 2 thirds of your current third line, and 2 of your current top 6 defensemen. The deadline isn't time to make whole sale changes like that. That team would get rolled because there's no time to develop chemistry and have clearly defined roles.

That being said, I'm fine if they want to make a move, just not 6 players off the current roster.
I agree about Lucic. When he is on his game,I love what he brings to the team,a nice combination of toughness and some skill.However,I think he is much more suited to 3rd line duty.A guy who will hustle,hit everything in sight and occasionally scrap.I don't think Milan is a legitimite 30 goal scorer,I would be quite happy to get 20 goals out of him while he played on the 3rd line.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote