View Single Post
Old
08-08-2006, 01:55 PM
wholeshow*

vCash: 500
kostitsyn played great in hamilton when he was with his usual linemates of brad winchester and pouilot. but the oilers had so many callups that andrei's linemates changed from game to game tarnishing his ability to create positive cohesion with his other mates. if kost gets to play with grabovsky in hamilton we're all going to witness a dynamic duo unfold before our own very eyes, giving us a glimpse of the future for the canadiens.

people were commenting on how guys like getzlaf and brown have had better nhl careers than kostitsyn. well first off, those two guys didn't have to battle 3 other older rookies for spots on their team (pleks, higgins and perezhogin). having 4 rookies on the starting roster would have been wrong, as atleast one of these players would have been relegated to minimal ice time on a 4th line. that's not how you develop scoring forwards.

i've seen kost in play and his raw skill is amazing. his slap has to be over 100mph, his ability to accelerate with the puck is exceptional and he's turning into a pretty good backchecker as well. the kid is going to have a great career.

as for chipchura, i'm more of a fan of the flashy scoring forwards, so i was hoping we'd go after robbie schremp. But seeing rob drop so much made me think that his 'attitude' problem was extremely severe, making chipchura the complete opposite. the guy is a leader with a great work ethic who can play the pk and can also score the goals when given the opportunity. when i see him play he reminds me so much of trevor linden, as a result i'm happy to have mini linden in our organization. as for his skating being absent? he's actually a pretty good skater, i guess the people that were concerned about his skating were making comments shortly after his achilles injury.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote