View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
So what your saying indirectly is that Pitt sent out those future pieces for players that are not getting the job done?

Ones that they want to take into a deep war, a cup run .

HAH! nonsense.

Those teams traded away those players because they are pending UFAs and they see the reality that they are not a team poised for a serious cup run.
Both Bozak and Macarthur are 27 years old, and will be able to contribute to this team for the foreseeable future. If we plan on contending within the next 2 - 5 years, these players can still be useful pieces for us.

Morrow is 34, Murray is 33. These guys don't fit into a team that doesn't plan on competing for the cup within the next season or two, but players like Bozak and Macarthur can.

If we can resign them to a reasonable deal I would be glad to keep them (especially Bozak, who I think can be a fantastic third line C). That being said, with the value being tossed around for players like Murray and Morrow I'd have to wonder what type of value a guy like Macarthur could fetch for us (probably a late first round pick from a contender with the way the market is shaping up).

I'd still prefer for us to essentially stand pat at this deadline and try and keep our guys. I really, really want to see some maple leafs playoff hockey.