View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 03:00 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Orlov seems to be a LD now. So the only thing in the way of keeping both Oleksy and Kundratek in the roster is Green's health. Based on recent history, not much of an impediment.

RH, you are probably right about the conditioning stint, though doesn't that come with a mandatory recall (i.e. can't leave him down there)? Oleksy IMO is more versatile to potentially play offside than Kundratek. He seems to make simpler plays.

Long run, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kundratek take a backseat just based on Oleksy's physicality. Kundratek is essentially the Green sub, with his stick handling ability.
There is a story brewing here.

The "Oates" theme of sticks on boards certainly points to Orlov at LD. I thought Kundratek had eek'd out a job but the O crew has come in and may have seized 2 jobs. We have used 12 dmen this year IIRC.

It seems a decided move towards more offense youth and toughness on defense, that few saw coming if true. Hammer gone, Sarge dropping to maybe 8 or 9 on the D chart at this point. I wonder where Hillen fits in, but think he has taken Poti's spot personally.

The D depth chart has been shuffled:

LD: Alzner Erskine Orlov Hillen Poti Sarge Schilling
RD: Green Carlson Oleksy Kundratek

Olek: 12G 1+5 +4 Kund: 25G 1+6 -5

Sure Olek has been here during a better run, but who's to say its a coincidence. He seems to have breathed life into the team. Kund, no one even talked about. Oleksy was just on 106.7.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote