Old
03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Asking an Anaheim fan...who would sit in his favor? It looks like you have a good group of 7. Who would you get rid of?

In St. Louis, we have a hole in our top 4 on the left side. Pietro or Shatty one needs a partner. Polak is a right d-man too, not a left. We have Jackman. Russell has been 100% better as a 5-6 guy. Redden has filled a gap, but it is a gaping hole still. Cole has been consistently inconsistent as he has been giving every opportunity to take Russell or Redden's post, but hasn't. DeKeyser could step in here and play, if he is just a shutdown d-man that will cover the forever jumping in the play style of both Shatty and Pietro. If he is the anchor that they project him to be. He can step in for the next 10 years with a 20 minute a night job. Outside of Cole, we have no one that is close to stepping in at the NHL level.

That has to be attractive to DeKeyser... While we have no cups, we are a serious contender again, and will be for a while.
Good question. Allen or Lydman would be my guess. Perhaps Lovejoy. Those three defensemen have been interchangable all season, with none of them really standing out. The core of their blue line is really built around Beauchemin and Fowler, and Souray has been a good addition in that regards too.

I'd be hesitant to say he can jump right in and claim a spot, but at the same time I don't believe we'd be creating a hole by giving him the opportunity to earn a spot. The Ducks would likely still go with the 7 defenseman rotation, with players rotating in and out of the line-up based on play.