View Single Post
03-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
I wasn't saying there's nothing good about Anaheim. I was saying there's nothing especially good for a young defenseman about Anaheim. It looks like Anaheim's D pool is solid and it might not be the easiest place for DeKeyser to find a place to play.

Honestly, I think it's more about Burke's influence than it is about Anaheim's appeal. If things had been a little different, we'd be talking about Toronto and not Anaheim.
The Ducks have a solid D, but also have an opening next year that will be given to a young player when Lydman leaves. The majority think it will be between Vatanen and Lindholm, but if he comes here, it will be a three way competition. I'm also not convinced Lydman or Allen will be here after deadline has passed, so there may be a spot for him to compete for, Anaheim won't guarantee anything, this year. Add that to what Souj said, and its more appealing than people think.

I mean he may buy into the Edmonton thing where they all mature as a team together, but Anaheim has pieces spread out from young ages to a little higher (27) so he wouldn't have to go through the growing pains like he would in Edmonton. That is of course if he earns his spot and makes the team.