View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
True but the given the market and what it is rumored Feaster is looking for I don't think the Canucks can afford to give up what it takes.

The rumor is Feaster wants 1st + 2 good prospect, given its Van they most likely have to over pay so I think the price would be

Jensen + Gaunce + 1st and that is just to much for Van I think. It essentially depletes their prospect pool.
What Feaster is looking for and what he will ultimately accept could be two different things though. Apparently Pittsburgh thought the asking price was too high and moved on. Regardless if that is correct or not, Feaster is working with a limited trade market given Iginla's NTC.

Ulitmately Feaster doesn't have to move Iginla, but if they are asking him for teams he'd waive to and in the end don't end up moving him I think that reflects negatively on their franchise. I think in the end a 1st and a good prospect or two good prospects is what Iginla will fetch with another smaller piece also in the mix. At that cost, and with the possibility of re-signing Jarome, coupled with the assets recouped in a potential Luongo trade, I think it's something Gillis definitely has to look into.