View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 02:37 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
What Feaster is looking for and what he will ultimately accept could be two different things though. Apparently Pittsburgh thought the asking price was too high and moved on. Regardless if that is correct or not, Feaster is working with a limited trade market given Iginla's NTC.

Ulitmately Feaster doesn't have to move Iginla, but if they are asking him for teams he'd waive to and in the end don't end up moving him I think that reflects negatively on their franchise. I think in the end a 1st and a good prospect or two good prospects is what Iginla will fetch with another smaller piece also in the mix. At that cost, and with the possibility of re-signing Jarome, coupled with the assets recouped in a potential Luongo trade, I think it's something Gillis definitely has to look into.
I call BS, every blog and tweet I have seen says Pitts is still in on Iginla and Morrow was just another player they wanted to add. Again I didn't say they wouldn't accept less than what they are asking for but Van has to overpay.