View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 02:37 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
If someone offers something very good, we should always consider it. It goes for every player. But for me, this should be the last season of the re-build. The pending UFA's Kobasew and O'Byrne could go. And the ones who has showed they are clearly not good enough, Zanon, Hunwick etc.

But other than that, I don't think we should actively try to move anyone who is actually doing something good for us. Next season I want to make a push for the playoffs. Not move some of our good players for a 2nd or 3rd who could turn into NHL-players in 3-4 years if we are lucky.

It's mainly because I feel that we should be done with this re-build now and Mitchell has a contract for next year so we have him locked up. If you want to move him out for a draft pick.. then fine. Your opinion. But I don't think you should complain about us being in this re-build anymore then. Which, if I'm not mistaken, you kinda have? Correct me if I'm wrong though. I get people here mixed up all the time.
That is the problem. You "feel" we should be done with this rebuild.
Newsflash. We are not.
Will we be better next year under another coach? Highly likely.
Will we be a serious playoff contender in the future? We could if our young guns pan out.
Can we just skip a few steps in the rebuilding process because it is painful to watch as a fan? No we certainly can not and should not.
Look at our center situation. ROR and Stastny are big questionmarks going forward.
Will they be traded or will they be re-signed? We will have to decide on this matter in the offseason. Depending on what we do there and on defense (UFA D-pool is beyond catastrophic), we are certainly not a lock for the playoffs next year.
If everything goes right, we might contend for the wild card spot in our new division.
I myself believe that we won't make it next year. The year after could be the year if our management plays it cards right.