View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 02:44 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
We will find out this summer if we are. If we go for one or two free agents and put some salary into them. Hopefully two defenseman. Then I guess the Avs feel we are.

It's very likely though they don't have high hopes of making the playoffs next year. That would be fine by me too. I was just saying what I would do.
There is nothing to put salary into in Free Agency. Aside from the fact that I don't think that we will spend to the cap unless we make the playoffs, there is just no one worth spending on this year.
ROB is arguably a TOP 5 UFA option on defense.
Streit stays with NYI and if Smid does not re-sign with EDM, he will command 4.5-5 M+. And he is never worth that.
I agree with you Freud that it is not very pleasant to sell off recent signings but in the wake of the actual situation of the Avalanche it could become a necessity. And we are a damn classless organisation. So why stop where it would actually benefit us for once?

And it is not like any of them would really complain that long about getting traded from a bottom 3 team to a playoff team.