View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Nordberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
It's not speculation whatsoever. All deals, whether they're contract signings or trades need ownership approval; Feaster himself mentioned this when the Cammalleri trade was made. Furthermore, everyone knows just how much the ownership group values Iginla and what he represents to the franchise - there isn't a chance they'd let Feaster or anyone else really, have complete autonomy when it comes to moving the face of the franchise.

With regards to idea that Feaster still acting as the GM is more for show than anything else, well, that's certainly still speculative. But he hasn't addressed the media directly since the offer sheet incident. Nothing more than press release statements which may nor may not have actually come from him. And given the gravity of the Flames current situation, that speaks volumes.
Feaster never struck me as someone who himself had much of an idea how to build a team or even knew how he wanted to build a team so I don't think he'd me making the hockey decisions even if there was no meddling from higher up within the organization

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote