View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 03:03 PM
bp13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Right, which is why I'm advocating adding more skill to this team. I don't want to see "depth" moves. If Chiarelli makes another Rolston/Zanon-type play I'm going to be beside myself.

This Bruins team is not currently good enough (read: skilled) to compete with Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is more skilled than the Bruins and they just added two guys who even things up in the grit department. They've improved their odds of beating Boston in a 7 game series. The Bruins need to answer.
No my point is they struggle HANDLING skill. Sure they could use more, but IMO the bigger issue is that they are seeing subpar play from their top d-men thanks to having to play too many minutes to compensate for injuries, a rookie, and a couple struggling vets. Moreover, they have always been exposed by two-man forechecks because their D is slow and not great with the puck. I argue this team needs a top 4 dman more than anything.

I won't argue the Bruins need to answer, they do. But this notion that there's a huge gap between the teams now is just wrong.