View Single Post
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
The most important part is we have to decide if we can sign Filppula to extension ASAP. If we decide not to re-sign Filp, we should field offers.

If we know Filp doesn't want to sign with us(or out of our price range), I will take 1st + good prospect every time over ~20 games of Filp.
Sure. But what message are you sending to your team if you do that?

I'm for a deal.
I don't mind trading away a guy like Cleary or excess like White -- Guys who can easily be replaced or even improved on from within.

But I don't see wisdom in trading a Filppula, however.

You don't tell your team to go out and bust their ass while you're throwing in the towel

RedWingsNow* is offline