View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
henchman24
If and if...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
If we can re-sign Kobasew at a decent price, I wouldn't trade him either. Draft picks are very overrated around here and these cheap bottom six players aren't easy to replace. If they are good in the lockerroom and work out well on the ice and accept their role on the team. They bring much more than a 3rd round pick for example. Those players aren't as easy to replace as it seems.

Now, however, I dont think we want to re-sign Kobasew, or he will ask for too much money, in that case. Trade him. Otherwise it's poor assetmanagement.
I tend to agree with this, but we have plenty of good bottom 6 players that are signed or will only be RFAs for the next few seasons. Assuming Stastny is gone and Mitchell stays. Getting rid of Kobasew wouldn't really hurt us at all.

Palushaj-Mitchell-Downie/Jones
McLeod-Olver-Bordy

For next year you could sign somebody like a Ryan Jones or Peter Regin for a bottom 6 spot and make Olver and Bordy the 12/13th forward... or bring Malone up. Or if you wanted to run 3 scoring lines, bring up Sgarbossa to center Mitchell and Downie/Jones. There are plenty of options there even with trading Kobasew.