Thread: Eberle and RNH
View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 03:40 PM
oilerbear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler11 View Post
We're right around .500 with these guys stone cold. We might well be in the playoffs of they played up to their usual standards.

That said, if RNH is having shoulder problems, why not shut him down down for the year, like Hall last year? Get him the proper treatment, and prepare for the future. This season is almost a done deal now anyways. Same thing with Ebs. In his short career I have never seen him so ineffective. Why push these two through injuries and trash their confidence?

Hall is a perfect example for these two; call it a year, get the proper treatment and time to heal, then go 100% next season. Even if they can play through these injuries, their numbers clearly indicate it is no where near 100%.
They are not seriously injured.
they have been taking on tough comp with a reduction of zone start from sedin sheltering to 12% reduction.

It blows me away that RNH has done as well given the situation. It will be nice to see him play with Smyth the Winger he had the best goal production and +/- with.
219:58 EVTOI 13GF 8GA

Kind of nice to see two of our most productive winger center pairs the last 3 season finally together.
Hall -Horc 537:10 EVTOI 25GF 15GA playing the toughs.

To see Gagner get the two wingers not named smyth he was effective with.

Eberle is having what is considered a down year facing the toughs
he is still going to the front of the net and still taking high % shots.
they are not going in.

I do not think it is such a good Idea that we trade a 22 year old winger who is 5 years from his 6 year veteran period of a 27-32.
And is likely having his worst production season based on a 82 game season.
If a 20G and 36A pace is his worst. The guy

This 27 year old got 82GM 11G 46A 57P -11 last year
and 49G the last 3 season
He just signed for 8.25M

Last edited by oilerbear: 03-25-2013 at 04:10 PM.
oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote