View Single Post
03-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Henrique it's over!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jared Cowen 2010 View Post
I had a high-ankle sprain last summer. I could easily go about my day but it would limit my physical activities. It took 6 weeks to heal fully. Its only been about a month for Andy, and these usually take about 8+ weeks to heal.
I'm a Devils fan and was looking for some info on Anderson's injury but now that I see you're saying it's a high ankle sprain I think I can offer some insight. I'm a goalie and had a high ankle sprain a little over 8 weeks ago. The problem is that by the six week mark I was back to normal as far as running and lower body lifts go but dropping in a butterfly still really hurt. Even if you can deal with the pain, your mobility is severely limited in any situation where you need to scramble after the initial shot. The most frustrating part about a high ankle sprain for a goalie is that your recovery seems to plateau when you're feeling about 75-80 percent. It'll probably be another two weeks before Anderson is back to normal and since Bishop and Lehner are playing well in his absence, the Sens would be wise to err on the side of caution.

Anyway, here's to a good game tonight. I'm sure Bishop will play like he's Glenn Hall against the Devils again.

RooneyConnSmythe12 is offline   Reply With Quote