View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 04:23 PM
McNutty780

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yep

For whatever reason, I really don't know, RNH and Eberle came into this season, and played in OKC with less intensity. Really had the look the whole while in OKC of two players thinking they had arrived and all they had to do was lace em up. Which in the case of several AHL teams was accurate. But what I commented on often is that even against good AHL clubs playing an effective system the pair were shutdown. By AHL clubs.

Wasn't hard to speculate from there that these two were not prepared to accomplish much against actual NHL clubs this year. Especially WC clubs.

Exactly.

Who knows what the real issue is, but IMO it's intangibles like focus, drive, etc which are mandatory for keeping up elite play (yes i believe they are both elite players) from last year. It's not fair to ebs to say that he's dialing it back a notch because he's got 6 mill a year coming in so who gives a **** lol.

I know these guys care, i'm not saying they don't but i don't even think THEY know what the issue is in their games being off.

They are learning firsthand that to keep your stellar play up in this league you need talent (which they both have) but the focus and drive and whatever else needed to keep that production up.

It's a lot of pressure, only a handful of players can do this in the NHL levels year after year, but that's what separates the stars from the avg players.

Whatever the case may be, they have to figure **** out. Hopefully sooner than later

McNutty780 is offline   Reply With Quote