View Single Post
03-25-2013, 04:24 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
You say that, but the numbers don't lie- this year's team is just about EXACTLY where we were last year- again, after 27 games right around .500 and in the bottom half of the league in offense.

How is that "nothing like last year"? Its nothing like last year if you are comparing it to the 2nd half last year, but comparing apples to apples they are very similar.....
To what point of last season are you comparing, though? Twenty-seven games deep into last season does not equal 27 games into this season because of the compressed schedule.

How do the Preds numbers right now compare to where they were at 46 games last season? That's a better comparison IMHO based on the fact that 27 games this season is 56% of the 48 game schedule.

Based on that my gut feeling without looking at the numbers I belive the Preds were in a much better position just past the half way point last season and throughout the second half. I don't remember ever feeling any doubts about making the post season last year. This year, it's still a distinct possibility, though.

dubgeek is offline   Reply With Quote