View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 05:39 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post

I never talked about paycheck, I talked about respect. It wasn't 3 years ago, but 2 years ago. Briere was one of our bests players in 2011. Last year, he has had injuries and this year, he played a lot on the wing, doesn't have a lot of chemistry with his linemates, etc. Make him play center with Hartnell on his wing and he'll produce. He's still pretty good. We use the 2010-11 season to talk about his accomplishments because it's the last time he played a full season healthy, period.

I never said that we shouldn't think about trading him btw, that's not the point, in case you didn't understand. I simply said that the hate comments on here are out of proportion. And it's not like he has sucked for many years, he struggled for one year, and that can be explained by many factors.
The Flyers are and should not move developing guys that will be important to this team for the next 5+ years out of their natural position just so they can squeeze another ten points a year out of Briere. He's proven that he's a train wreck defensively, and that he can only be insulated if he plays the wing. Plus, Briere isn't the first example of an aging player that's been asked to change positions to better suit the team.