Old
03-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by loLZokAY View Post
Why would he want to go play with a bunch of players that whine when things aren't going their way? It shows maturity. I wouldn't want to join a cast of people who throw tantrums on the ice when adversity is faced. You guys hit a brick wall these past two games and met a team that could beat you twice in a row in regulation and at home. Something a team hasn't been able to do to Anaheim this season. I will say one of the main things Anaheim has towards DeKeyser is simply Brian Burke. You act like Anaheim has been a powerhouse over the past few seasons and prospects know that they're some force to be reckon with.

You don't need to throw remarks about this season with Detroit. It's a transition season for us, we just lost Rafi, Stuart and Lidstrom. Most teams wouldn't be able to recover like we did, but guess what? We did and we're still in playoff contention. That is one hell of a selling point besides every other one Detroit has. He has seen the team go through changes, and they still yet are in the mix every.single.season. That shows how powerful and outstanding our management and front office is.

Also, I think I would much rather go to a team with a coach with a proven resume than one with regular season success. Along with that, the franchise has developed some of the best defensive players along with some of the best defensive forwards. We know what we're doing within this franchise and it's one hell of a selling point.
Yikes. That's a pretty arrogant argument, don't you think? For the record, many Anaheim fans came into this season calling it a transition one too. Just saying that Detroit isn't the only team who has gone through changes, and they aren't the only appealing team for a young defenseman.

I've been pretty clear that I think Detroit is, and should be, the favorite, but you make it sound like Anaheim couldn't possibly be a consideration... and why? Because they lost two games to Detroit? That's a little far-fetched.

You still really haven't addressed my points, though, for why Anaheim could be appealing. All you've done is shrug them aside, attack the players, and try to prop up your own team as some uber franchise. I'm starting to get the impression you can't address the points I've made, so you're going to continue to ignore them. I'd love to hear why Anaheim wouldn't, or shouldn't be a consideration. One that doesn't consist of accusations of whining, or regular season coaches, because I think we both know that is about as weak an argument as you can have.

I have a pretty good idea why Anaheim would want DeKeyser, and it's as simple as: he fills a need. Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen... players like that aren't that type, and DeKeyser projects to be a good and steady addition to a young team. That's why Anaheim has interest in him. I also know why DeKeyser might have interest in Anaheim, and I've listed many of them already. You may not like the reasons, but you haven't been able to dispute them either. Whether it's enough to overcome the home field advantage that Detroit has, well, that remains to be seen. There is something to be said for growing up watching a team, and wanting to be a part of that organization.