View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 05:11 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
No, I'm with you there. I just doubt that yet another old goalie is the solution to our unending goaltending problem. Especially when he hasn't played a single game all year long and went out the way he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
If Thomas has kept in shape and seems ready to play, sign him to a 1 year deal for 2-3 million. If not let Lindback take the reigns with Garon or another veteran as backup. I like Lindback's potential, but with a young goalie you've gotta give him games. Boucher refused to ride him when he started to pick it up and then got an ankle sprain. Hopefully Coop is better with that
Agreed, I don't see Thomas taking us to a cup either, but I'd rather make a push for the playoffs next year with a proven goalie than have Lindback shoulder the burden again. I guess Thomas was just the first option that sprung to mind when looking at the available UFA goalies we could sign on a short-term deal.

I see great potential in Lindback, he's capable of some outstanding saves and performances but seems to suffer from poor rebound control and a gaping five hole. In the last couple games he started, he also sort of seemed mentally out of it and was constantly fighting to find the puck.

My suggestion for an older, experienced goalie was to play with Lindback and split the responsibility, not necessarily be our undisputed starter. Either way, I have high hopes for Vasilevski and hope anyone we acquire will be a stop-gap solution until he's ready.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote