View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 05:45 PM
PayItForward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxs View Post
I'm not saying he's not elite. I just think we need another high end forward that has elite speed that can create problems for the other team at even strength. I just have reservations using a high pick on a guy who scouts say is a "below average skater." It's somewhat obvious when Coots is on the ice that his skating ability is holding him back a little.

I think Nathan MacKinnon is definitely the safest pick in the draft. He's produced at every level and has been on the radar of the scouting world for a long time. I remember reading about him three years ago when he was dubbed as the next Crosby. We all know now that his ceiling is not quite that high, but he's got the potential to be a top 15 player in the league.
He's definitely not even close to be a Crosby-level prospect but MacKinnon is probably my favorite player in this draft. That doesn't necessarily mean I think he'll be the best and I love Drouin, Jones, Barkov and a few others as well, but I just love how he plays the game.

That being said, Barkov's skating (in my limited viewings of him) is better than Couturier's was at this point and it wouldn't be a reason not to take if he were the BPA where the Flyers pick.

I still don't think the Flyers will be drafting top 3 unless they win the lottery.